Beretta al Giappone

« Older   Newer »
lancieri novara 5
view post Posted on 10/5/2010, 14:38 by: lancieri novara 5

Group:
UTENTE

Ho trovato questo su Gunsboard, ma sinceramente, sapendo che anche tu lo frequenti non so se sia una conferma o piuttosto lo spunto che ti ha spinto alla discussione:

There were some Beretta Model 1935 (7.65) pistols sold to Japan late in the war, if they made it there is another subject. Fellow collector Robert Whittington did some research on Beretta pistols for his book "German Pistols And Holsters 1934-1945, Volume II). He has a letter from Beretta dated 1985 which states: Serial number 525000 to 534000 were sold to the German Army Hqs. and Japan Imperial Army between June 1944 and August 1944. Beretta doesn't state how many were sold to Japan, only the possible serial range.
I collect Beretta pistols and data and have recorded a few numbers recorded from this serial range (they are hard to find). I managed find one in the possible Japanese serial range # 526897 and was lucky enough to get Beretta to answer my letter to them about it. Unfortunately mine was sold to the Germans (Dienststelle, which is German Station) on June 7 1944, so the search go's on. I have a letter from Beretta on another pistol #529473, it was sold to the German Military Command located in Como Italy Aug. 29th 1944. I don't know if the pistols went by, German or Japanese Submarine, but it is likely they never made it to Japan.
David Franchi

Fammi sapre che ne pensi o se è da qui che hai preso le mosse, Ciao gian

giacomo

28 replies since 9/5/2010, 13:37   934 views