R.N. Pola

« Older   Newer »
C.A.I.
view post Posted on 8/10/2010, 13:52

Dear all,

I am starting with building the R.N. Pola in scale 1:350.
As the plastic model is not 100% correct, I am checking actual photographs of the ship in order to make it as realistic as possible.

I already checked the internet and googled in Italian, German and English, but still any clear photographs would help.

Especially a picture which confirms till how far the white/red stripes on the front deck reached (till the first gun-tower, till half of the first gun-tower?) and a picture of the shape of various decks, especially in the comando-tower, would greatly help.

If anyone would like to share info/pictures would be great.

Thanks,

C.A.I.

view post Posted on 13/10/2010, 20:17

Group:
UTENTE

Dear CAI,

I see now your post, I have official book published by History Bureau of Italian Navy, as soon as I can I'll post the more I can about this ship. Of course the language is italian, but I can write a short summary of the technical and operational history.

My best regards giacomo

C.A.I.
view post Posted on 13/10/2010, 20:56

Dear Giacomo,

Much appreciated! Technical data is of less importance to me however. I really look for clear pictures of her state during WW2.

I almost finished my scratch-builf IMAM Ro. and I am now busy with the lifeboats. Is there any confirmation on the color of the lifeboats in your book?
Looking at different sources they seem to be white, with wooden decks. The larger lifeboats seem to be black under the waterline.

I have myself Orizzonte Mare part 1 till 4, but unfortunatly it doesn't help me with the Pola, as it is in part 6...

Anyway, thank you Giacomo, I await your response.

view post Posted on 15/10/2010, 16:54

Group:
UTENTE

Hi,

the pics that show Pola crusader are all of pre war-time in my book, I have no pic of wartime ship and I don't now the exact painting scheme of lifeboat during WWII. Two pics one of Pola in 1933 and the second of Trieste and Gorizia in 1932 show a quite good image of lifeboats I post this pics, if you think that are usefull for you contact me with a MP I'll send you to your e-mail address this pics in H-res H-res.

Best regards giacomo

RN Pola, 1933 middleship

Fiume and Gorizia

3 replies since 8/10/2010, 13:52   707 views